Wednesday 20 April 2016

Summative Evaluation OUIL 602

I never thought that I would get much from the PPP module when I first started this course in 2013, however it has proven to be one of the most beneficial and most enjoyable modules for me during these three years (even if it’s the module with the lowest credit).

Through this module I have developed and gained an awful lot of confidence not only in myself but also in my work. Talking to professionals over the year has helped me to learn more about my practice and the industry in which I would like to place myself in. It has given me real confidence to be independent, really get out there to talk about and promote my work. I feel I’ve really grown and I would never have felt this way and achieved all that I have so far if I weren’t encouraged to be proactive.

I have particularly enjoyed going to places and participating in networking events/trade shows like Comic Con, which have undoubtedly increased my connections and enhanced my business-to-business trading. Partaking in more of these events in the future is definitely something that I would like to continue doing as the experience of it all and the learning I get out of it is one of the most important things that is going to enable me to progress further in this industry. Plus I just love meeting new people and making new friends – It’s so much fun! I feel that my continued investigation has enabled me to outline a focused strategy for when I leave, giving me the assurance that I know what I'm doing/going to be doing in the next few months/years. *fingers crossed*

This year I also feel I have developed a better understanding of branding which has helped me with my own personal branding. My visual identity has been stripped right back – I’ve opted for a more simplistic design to make it more legible and memorable to others, and most importantly, to let my work speak for itself.

Overall, I feel that my engagement to the module and the industry has been very good. I have become more outgoing, motivated and thirsty for knowledge. I am hoping my enthusiasm won’t just wilt away anytime soon. The only thing I regret is not contacting people/networking sooner e.g in first year, because it actually isn't as hard as I initially thought it was going to be and is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment