Wednesday 20 April 2016

Artist/Position Statement

As of now, I feel that I am a self-motivated visual artist who loves to explore foreign places, exciting new sights and sensations! My aim is to brighten people’s day and make people smile with fun, playful and beautiful images.

Visualizing scenes based on stories and character-based projects are something I relish and feel is my strength. Much of the imagery I enjoy creating is an exploration of childhood memories. Through my work, I try to evoke a sense of wonderment and adventure, as well as to arouse curiosity from the audience. I draw inspiration from mid-century modern illustration, animation and design - the use of bold, simplified and exaggerated graphic language is something I am particularly fond of. Colour and texture are also important elements of my work, which I use to help communicate mood within my illustrations. I identify myself as a digital artist as my preferred drawing tools are my Wacom tablet and Photoshop, though I have also developed a love for hand-cut paper illustrations over the past year.

My career goal is to produce work for nationally and internationally established clients in the publishing, and animation industries, and to have my work recognized for its quality, clarity and evocative style by my peers. Collaborating with established authors of children’s books to provide the illustrated content for their stories is one of the things I want to pursue, but I also wish to improve my writing skills in order to author my own books in the future.

I feel it is important for me to grow in a robust environment to further my career in the animation industry. For this reason, I intend to intern at an animation studio after leaving university. I will continue to connect with relevant professionals and participate in relevant networking events. Eventually, I hope to be a part of a secure and well-established company where I can continue to develop my knowledge and skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment