Monday 11 April 2016

MEFCC 2016 pt.3 - reflections

Some of the people whose work I like/went to talk to at their stalls:

Rick (arkham creative) is an artist who uses layers of paper to create images. He looked really busy when I saw him, but he made some time to have a chat with me. I told him that I also do some paper art and surprisingly he was really interested in seeing them so he came all the way to my booth and I showed him my Alice illustrations. He was sooooooo nice about it and even told me that I might even be better than him with the paper! he gave me some tips and tricks and encouraged me to come back to the next mefcc (if I can afford it lol) with some originals in frames, because people dig that stuff!

I also spoke to Noumer, he was drawing when I came to his table and a lot of his drawings reminded me of quick gestural sketches used for storyboards so I asked him if he worked in an animation studio, which he does. Infamous studios is where he works at (which is one of the studios I wrote down to visit), I asked him if they do any visits etc, but he wasn't sure and suggested I contacted the manager, which I never got around to do in the end.. maybe next time.

Amin Fara's illustrations were absolutely beautiful! digital and he uses a lot of shapes - I asked him if he uses the lasso tool to create his drawings to which he said "Yes, 99% of the time!". gotta love the lasso tool.

some of the people who came to me:
people on the left are fellow artists/students. people on right are writers/directors from companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment