Wednesday 29 April 2015

Ambitions

I mentioned in my PPP presentation last year that my main long term/career ambition is to be a children's book illustrator and to work within the animation industry (character design/vis dev in particular). This is still an ambition of mine and I've decided to actually start doing something in order to get closer to that goal.

As I will be going to Indonesia this July for a month to visit some family, I thought it would be a good idea to contact some animation studios there to ask if they would be able to offer me a work placement at their studio so that I could get an insight to what it's like to work within the animation studio. I will mostly be staying in Bandung for most of my stay in Indonesia so I decided to look for some animation studios based there.

Today I sent an email out to Kumata Animation Studio. After looking at the work made by different animation studios on their websites, I thought that Kumata was the one most suited for me and the studio isn't too far from my house in Bandung so if I do get a placement, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to get to the studio hahaha.

Might also contact some other studios, we'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment