Tuesday 22 December 2015

Paper Sculptures

For extended practice, I am making a paper cut "yearbook" - I wanted to practice my character design skill and also improve on my paper illustration skill that I came to love after completing my YCN Alice. So I thought illustrating my classmates in this way would allow me to do that!


One day whilst I was working on one of my paper cuts, Fred showed me this book (can't remember what its called now) but it is a collection of work by people who use paper to create their artwork but actually in 3D. Fred told me this should be my next endeavour haha! to keep pushing and challenging myself. and I'm pretty interested actually, I would like to try this out but maybe not now since I have soooo much work to do! maybe after graduation..


Today, one of my fave people (Brittney Lee) finally revealed something she's been working on of a while - she's actually created something similar! she already does paper cut illustrations (my inspiration for my own work) but now she has pushed herself and created something at a larger scale and also in 3D! I absolutely adore her new work! look at the detail and in that dress! I think projects like this not only challenges your art/design skill, but also tests your patience - she must have a lot of patience and perseverance to create something as detailed as this! those little squares on her dress would've made me crazy! view her post here.


I am definitely going to try this out in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment