Tuesday 1 December 2015

Drake Brodahl!

Drake Brodahl, background painter at Walt Disney TV Animation started following me!! Is this real life?! first it was Jamey, now its Drake. Am I in their 'circle' yet? I feel so unbelievably motivated to improve and up the standard of my work tonight! I WILL get that job at Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/etc. even if it will take me a long time! I am on it! YES! I will continue to network in the meantime.


What's amazing about Drake's work, like Stephanie Buscema who I've talked about before, is that he works primarily in traditional mediums (gouache & cel-vinyl acrylic) but his works look so digital! He has such control of his brush and paint, I'm truly amazed! I don't understand how he can get such vibrant lighting in his work - it's so hard to achieve this with traditional paints, I have tried with my own plein air paintings! I guess I need more practice! This is where understanding of colour and lighting also becomes important. I must improve!

(left: gouache, right: cel-vinyl acrylic, bottom: photoshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment