Saturday 9 January 2016

Children's Book Commission! pt.2

After receiving a reply to my previous email, I went to see Patrick on Tuesday for advice on how to create a contract. He suggested that I gather more info from them about the project so that I could use that to figure out an hourly rate. Things I included in my email in response to this:

  • if I could have the manuscript of the book in English (since the book will be in Arabic) so that I could estimate how many illustrations I'd be doing - and also asked if one spread is one scene/illustration. 
  • I asked them which one of my work that they saw so that I could have an idea of the media, style and colouring they would like.
  • Territories - if the book would be distributed outside of the UAE.

I forgot to ask about tweaks and adjustments, but here's their reply - I think I'm going to wait until Monday to respond back as I'd like to talk to Patrick first:

No comments:

Post a Comment