Sunday 22 March 2015

Business Card

I want to get my promo pack complete as soon as possible, hopefully before I leave for MEFCC (6th April) because I actually want to take some with me to the event (incase I bump into some people haha - gotta be prepared) 

I looked back at my first set of business cards that I created for the Off The Page exhibition and I realised that I made these at the US standard business card size, which is slightly narrower than the UK one and, I don't know it might just be me, but it really bugged me so I decided to resize them. 

Then I thought about how my promo pack would look as a whole (including intended products/things to go in it) and decided that it wouldn't really look like a set - too much different styles and colours that I feel would make it look a little all over the place - there isn't really a particular thing unifying them together (except maybe my name). This doesn't necessarily mean its a bad thing, but I decided because my cv and business card are going to be the main products, I decided to make them carry the same underwater theme, to make it look like they belong together. - Additional promo materials can then be whatever I want because they're additional products to work as 'work samples'.

Below is my new business card design - I just want to keep things simple - standard size, standard format - I want it more to be about my illustration than anything else. Also, I am just going to make one edition of the business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment