Monday 16 March 2015

Creative CV: Update

This Easter break, I will be on my way to Dubai to participate in this year's Middle East Film and Comic Con! They offered me a free stall to exhibit and sell my work! I just couldn't say no to that! - what a waste of networking opportunity that would be! They've asked me to write an artist/exhibitor description and I thought I could use this for my CV as well! Below is what I wrote for them:


Aghnia Mardiyah, also known as Aggie, is a UK based illustrator with a passion for animation, visual development, and children's books. She has been drawing for as long as she can remember and is currently studying Illustration at Leeds College of Art. Brightening people’s day and making people smile with fun, playful and beautiful images have been her main purpose as an artist. But when she is not disappearing under piles of paper, she yearns for adventure! She loves to travel, to experience and explore foreign places, exciting new sights and sensations!


I think this is a much better version of my profile - although still quite formally written, I think it sounds less cold, and a lot friendlier which is ideally what I want - the right balance of personality and professionalism.


I also updated the 'About me' page with my new bio on my Tumblr page!

No comments:

Post a Comment