Monday 2 March 2015

Reflections

I got some feedback today from John about my creative cv so far!
The format of the cv itself is good but in order to grab more of the attention of potential employers etc. I was advised to make it sound less like a cv, less formal and cold so it feels more personal and more like myself. I do agree with this 100% and feel that the content, so far is lacking in personality! It needs to be a little more fun and playful because that's what I am and my work is all about! So this is what I will be working on next - trying to bring more personality into the written side of things!

I also asked about whether I should make a completely new Tumblr account for my work only, and John said that there is no need to, because actually the collection of other people's work that I have on my blog would enable other people to see the type of work that drives me, excites and inspires me. So that is well good! - But I am thinking of maybe creating/having my own website, which will act as a kind of official professional online portfolio, the entirety of it consisting of only my work - I will have to get researching and planning if I want to set one up though! I think I will ask my web developer friend if he could help me out!

Things to do (if making a website is a go):
  • Look at how other creatives have laid out their websites
  • Look at how they have applied their identity to it so that it is consistent with their type of work, tone of voice and everything else that they do
  • Analyse what I like and don't like and take that away so I can start building up the structure of my own website
  • Need to research more into registering a domain name and all that jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment