Thursday 11 February 2016

Commission Work animation test

I was contacted by a Leeds Uni Philosophy student, who asked me if I could illustrate his paper about the ontology of architecture, which he will be presenting at an undergraduate conference known as the 'University of Leeds Undergraduate Research Experience'. He came across my work on the LCA website which he said he really liked and tweeted me haha!

The idea is to create a 5 minute visual representation of his paper. He wants something that'll keep people interested whilst he's speaking on stage - Something quite quirky that'll bring a visual element to an otherwise quite dense work. He showed me a few examples of things he already had in mind. But we also met a couple of days after and talked more about it. Initially he wanted to record me drawing live however, I suggested that me doing it digitally would be far more time efficient (and would look better) because the conference is next week! We agreed on a simple line drawing with a bit of animation. Here's an example based on the script he gave me (all done in Photoshop, because I don't have After Effects at home):


Sent him the animated images for the first half of the script just to see what he thinks - I think he likes them! wahoo! it's really been a while since I've animated anything, so this was kinda fun to do. good break from uni work + I'm getting paid for this so ya. killing two birds with one stone, as they say..

No comments:

Post a Comment