Friday 5 February 2016

Talking to Lauren!


OH MY GOSH! LAUREN AND CO ACTUALLY WANTS TO PARTNER UP WITH ME!
Nothing is set in stone yet, but before we embark on this project she wants to make sure she can get funding from the UN Foundation or through another organisation to compensate me for the production of the book! She's going to Dubai tomorrow, where she'll have access to the CEO, Kathy Calvin. She also has a book agent, who she's going to have a talk with on potentially selling to a major publishing house in the United States - these are her specific words by the way, I recorded our convo haha - which would be absolutely amazing!

She also talked about making sure that I would get publicity as well, as another 'payment' I guess, since the portion of the proceeds from the book will go to Malawi to support the girls/school there (which I have no problems with, as the whole point is to raise money to help). For this she said she's going to talk to her news organisation (the ground truth project). AAAAH!

damn girl. how did I get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment