Sunday 28 February 2016

Salaam Reads

Teresa emailed me about a new US publisher that might be of interest to me.

Salaam Reads is an imprint that aims to introduce readers of all faiths and backgrounds to a wide variety of Muslim children and families, and offer Muslim kids an opportunity to see themselves reflected positively in published works

She suggested I submit work to them! which I think is a really good idea and I'm definitely going to get in touch! This will be a good way to get my work noticed by a publisher and also to get feedback on it, which I think is most important for me at this stage. However, I've never submitted work to a publisher before and I'm just not sure how to go about doing it! What exactly do I submit? What format should my work be in? and how many pieces/pages do I submit? etc. Is there a general guideline for these things? - I'm going to ask for Teresa's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment