Tuesday 6 October 2015

Book Press Release


This project started with a simple email from a play worker at Leeds Children's Hospital asking for an illustrator to illustrate their book for them. Although this was a non-paid project, it is actually one of my most rewarding ones. I accepted the brief simply because I wanted the experience - of illustrating children's books and also working with real clients/people outside of the college; I felt that the experience would be more beneficial to me at this stage of my career. Today I received an email about a press release for the kidney transplant book and that in itself is sooooooo rewarding to me. The publicity will really help me to get out there in the real world, and hopefully will lead to more exciting things in the future! Now, this guy is asking me for a quote and I'm really not sure what to say!

Just received the draft!
I said that I am an "aspiring children's illustrator and animator", just incase if someone from the animation industry see this and if they want to work on a project with me, then I'll be all for it. Gotta think strategically, like a true business woman. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment