Monday 5 October 2015

What do I want to know?

As part of Studio Brief 1 (Creative Strategy) I am required to identify and contact at least 10 practitioners, agencies and/or people that I think will have an impact on achieving my future ambitions. Below are just a collection of questions that I thought I'd post.. for later use when I contact people (who? I haven't decided yet. just bear with me) Also might re-adjust/tailor questions to suit the person better when I actually decide who to contact - its very important that I think this through so that I don't miss anything out and make myself look very disorganised because they could potentially be someone who could take me to where I want to be career-wise! 
(ppssst..some of these questions might be the same just worded differently)

  • Could you describe your journey to becoming an artist? What were your original inspirations?
  • Whose work do you admire within illustration and animation; who or what inspires you from outside your own medium of work? 
  • What first inspired you to follow the route you have taken?
  • What are three words that describe your work?
  • How did you get into illustration/animation? - How did you get started?
  • Education - further postgraduate study? would you recommend this to graduates?
  • Please describe a typical day
  • What is your working environment like?
  • What does your workstation consist of and what are the tools of your trade?
  • Best/most fun part of your job?
  • Worst / most difficult part of your job?
  • Who are some of your favourite illustrators/artists? why?
  • Questions about networking - how to approach a person, what questions to ask?
  • Portfolio - What makes a good portfolio? How many pieces are needed for a portfolio? How should one put together an effective portfolio?
  • How did you get your first illustration/animation job?
  • Where should a person start if they want to pursue a career in the illustration/animation industry? What is expected of them (skill, experience wise etc.)?
  • What helps you to be more creative?
  • Can you suggest 3 artists/illustrators/animators I should check out?
  • How did you find your style? Has it changed since you started?
  • Can you briefly explain your creative process, mediums, etc?
  • How do you come up with new ideas? Do you have a process?
  • How do you keep your work fresh? Do you need to consciously adapt your style or does it progress naturally?
  • Client Database - is there a secret that you use to get hold of these projects?
  • Do you ever have creative slumps? What do you do then?
  • 5 things inspiring you/your work right now
  • Words of wisdom - What advice would you give an aspiring illustrator/animator? - In hindsight, would you have done anything differently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment