Saturday 10 October 2015

Elsa Chang

3 years ago (my last year of sixth form) I contacted Elsa Chang through Tumblr, who at that time was celebrating her first employment at Disney. She had a massive following of aspiring Vis Dev artists, like myself and after announcing that she had made it into Disney, she had opened up her ask box where she answered questions (based on her opinions and experiences) related to Disney.

As mentioned many times before, I've always had my mind set to work within the animation industry; at this time I was in the process of looking at uni courses. I didn't really know if there were courses that were really specific to what I wanted to do so I decided to ask Elsa what she did before she landed herself a job at Disney (you can really hear my enthusiasm in the question, its almost cringey lol):

 She answered with:

Daaaamnnn, she took a lot of classes right? In the end I decided to settle with Illustration because it was the closest thing they have in the UK (there's animation too I guess, but I wasn't as interested in the actual animating) and also I thought that with Illustration there's more of a creative freedom to explore what you wanted to explore. so that's the story of how I got onto this course..

Elsa now works at Dreamworks TV Animation and I think I might contact her again, but through email next time, so I could ask her more specific things and maybe even get more of a detailed response and advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment