Sunday 25 October 2015

Plein Air Painting

(in reference to this post.)

Went plein air painting with friends from illustration and animation first year yesterday - so much harder to do it outside! so cold, got frozen fingers and runny nose by the end of it and went straight to the nearest cafe to warm ourselves up. But it was really enjoyable! I really liked it! we're planning to go again next week - going to make it a weekly thing and might even invite some of our other course mates.


 Below are my other paintings that I did in bed of the view from my bedroom window - the left one was my first one from the 17th; I wanted to go outside and paint around the neighbourhood but it was just way too cold for me. The right was from this morning - the sky was such a pretty colour around sunrise time and I just had to capture it! I had to work fast with this one as the sun was rising pretty quickly and changing the lighting and colour of the sky pretty quickly. but all of these paintings were done in less than an hour - it's really good exercise and a good way for me to document my last year in Leeds. I'm looking forward to next week's painting sesh (maybe with a lot more people too)!




No comments:

Post a Comment