Wednesday 11 November 2015

Alex Wilson

Alex Wilson is a children's illustrator based in Yarm who I have followed on Tumblr since a long time ago because I love his work! I suddenly remembered that he went to thought bubble last year, so last night I decided to ask him if he was going again this year:


And then he followed me on Instagram! aaaa.

I replied back saying that no I don't have the table at thought bubble this year (though I feel like I should now because he said he would love to stop by!) but I also told him about LCA Illustration course having a table! - a bit of promotion there. haha!


He said my work is lovely *cries into the sunset*
I'd like to keep this conversation going with Alex maybe even see him on Saturday and ask him more questions to do with his practice. As he does a lot of figure drawings, I want to ask him if he uses photographs or if he draws from life. He also went to Savannah College of Art and Design and I want to ask him how that was; what studying in the US is like and what made him settle into a little town in England haha and more questions like this..

No comments:

Post a Comment