Monday 2 November 2015

Sun's Out!

Finally got to practice painting something with a sharp contrast of light and dark - which I've always wanted to study from life! Again the painting was done in less than an hour, so the details were not really what I wanted to observe, but the colours and the way light changes the way colour is seen (to me anyway). I was literally still in bed at 11am, but I saw that the sun actually made it's appearance for once and I just had to paint! so this was a spur of the moment thing - which is mostly always the case when I do these paintings.

I actually do feel like doing these studies are helping me. I'm always learning new things with each painting I do like how to mix paints, how much water to mix with it to get the effect you want, colour and lighting! - it's true when they say that studying from life is really important! and I will try to keep this a constant thing, going to make it a habit to study from life weekly (I would do it daily, but right now uni work is taking over most of my time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment