Saturday 14 November 2015

Dom McKenzie


Ok so, the Clint Eastwood piece below is what really drew me in to Dom's table at thought bubble today. Its such a lovely piece, with nice composition and colours and textures. I asked him what his process is like because I was curious how he got that brushy effect and he told me that his illustrations are all done with ink which he then scans in and colour. He told me that he draws with a Pentel brush pen (which everyone uses, it seems! - since I asked some other artists too) so I must invest in one as well!


I really love his use of colour too! I asked nearly everyone I spoke to how they choose colours and they all seem to just pick it out randomly, or just trial and error. I've never really been good at using limited colours and I really want to try but I don't know where to start! Just look at all these lovely cityscapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment