Wednesday 30 September 2015

BOOK LAUNCH AAAAHH!!

Today was the launch of Charlie's Kidney Transplant! I didn't know what I was doing, felt so surreal hahaha! Met quite a few of the staff there and they were all so so so friendly, expressing their fondness for the book and my illustrations! Everyone was so enthusiastic about it, it made me really happy! Was not expecting this much attention. I think I turned tomato red in the face - the place felt like it was 100 degrees! They even surprised me with a gigantic bouquet, which I had to carry around city centre getting odd looks from people! I feel unbelievably blessed!

Also met a guy from the medical illustration department (I think?) and he asked me if I've ever given a thought to doing medical illustrations and to work with them - the answer: 'not until now'. aaaahhhhhh, what do medical illustrators work entail??? maybe I could do some research? Anyway! I'M SO HAPPY CAN'T WAIT TO DO THE NEXT BOOK FOR THEM! 




Also some of the staff are going to this conference (I forgot the name of it) in two months - or is it weeks, I can't remember oh dear and they want to bring the book along and they wanted a poster made for it, which I said I would happily do for part of my OUIL 603 brief!

Also, I just saw this; oh my goodness, US recognition?..
Spreading it far and wide, how very excitinggggg!

No comments:

Post a Comment