Friday 18 September 2015

Alan Kerswell & Rich Wake

I came across these two individuals whilst I was searching for animation studios in the UK (post can be found here.) Their work instantly caught my eyes out of the others amongst them. They have that 50s-60s illustration style about them and I've always loved this cartoon style, I think its so much fun! What I love most about the 50s design is the use of shape and line. There's just something about it that makes me feel so excited hahah. I can't really explain in through words but, I just love the exaggeration of shapes, its makes things more fun and playful, which is what I'm all about! It's like looking at the world with different lens, and I'm just amazed by it!

Alan Kerswell studied Illustration, Photography and Graphic Design at Newcastle-Upon-Tyne College of Arts and Technology, but somehow fell into the world of animation by complete accident, and consequentially has been working in this industry for 20 years. - his client list is pretty impressive too. I really would love to know how he got into the world of animation by 'complete accident' - lucky son of a ... maybe I should contact him?


Rich Wake is a 2D Flash animator, designer and illustrator who has over 20 years experience working in the London animation industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment