Monday 14 September 2015

PiQSang

As well as a writer, my cousin (not the one discussed in previous blog post) runs her own homemade banana chips/crisps business in her spare time. She asked me if I could make her a little logo to go on the packaging of her product. I enjoyed my previous logo designing project for ayasoBoutique so I thought I'd help my cousin out with hers. This way I could gain more experience with this type of design work (and also because I'm nice).

Her brand name is PiQsang because banana in Indonesian is 'pisang' but I'm not quite sure where the Q came from and I didn't question her about it haha. She already had some ideas on what she wanted so this was quite helpful. She wanted bananas in the letter Q and she wanted a Siger crown (a traditional crown from Lampung) somewhere in the logo because she said that her product is inspired by the traditional dishes of Lampung (not sure if I've translated her correctly, but it's something like that anyway haha) and she also wanted it in pink and yellow. 

Though I have really limited knowledge into designing logos, if there are any rules to this type of design work, she was happy with what I came up with, so that's a job well done for me :-)

I would like to learn more about designing logos and such, but I think that's what graphic designers are there for. So I will just learn through doing (if I get people asking me to make them logos again).

No comments:

Post a Comment