Friday 18 September 2015

Room for improvements: Level 6 Aims

I decided to look back at all the comments I received in my level 5 module feedbacks to see where I'm lacking and what I could do to improve myself in the future/level 6:

OUIL 501 (CoP)
To do:
  • Spend more time investigating, testing, generating ideas.
  • Make more time earlier on in the year to investigate and plan - (which I must admit I haven't done. oh dear 601 CoP is already looking bleak.)
  • Provide myself a clearer structure so I don't confuse myself

OUIL 502 (PPP)
To do:
  • Develop backgrounds, characterisation, lighting, atmosphere.
  • Explore my interests
  • Image making - shape, texture, colour - how can I push myself with what I already have?
  • Investigate the kids industry 
  • Investigate history of animation - golden era production houses and their artists.
  • Read 'Cartoon Modern' by Amid Amidi.
  • Develop sequential image-making.
  • Collaborate with a writer.
  • Find own narratives and characters to invent or re-invent based on my interests
  • Look into historic reference material regarding storytelling and character.

OUIL 504 (Printed & Moving Pictures)
To do:
  • Take risks and experiment.

 OUIL 505 (Applied Illustration)
To do:
  • Extend visual language of character and expression - push image making, experiment!

I think my biggest weakness is experimentation and investigation really. I need to keep pushing myself with what I can do and not be afraid to try something new; I need to keep challenging myself with my image making, but sometimes this is hard for me because I always feel like I need a lot of time which sometimes I don't feel I have. Maybe this is why artist, not even just artists actually - just people in general don't stop learning until the day they die because life is an ongoing learning process. But anyway, hopefully I'll be able to improve myself slowly but surely through the coming briefs in level 6 - I'll try to do the things I've said above. That is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment