Tuesday 15 September 2015

Further Professional Research

After thinking about developing a portfolio and looking at internships at Pixar in the last post, I decided to browse their website some more and came across these 'Paths to Pixar' videos:

Layout Artist - The guy with the glasses in this video, reminds me of me little bit at 2:00:

"Once I had the layout done, I found the animation just tedious. I wasn't terribly good at it, which was a problem. I felt like I had already done most of the work. And that's when I knew that in animation, in the sense of being an animator, it wasn't for me but that I still was interested in animation as a type of film making."

This is exactly the same thing that I said in my PPP presentation about the moving pictures brief for OUIL 504 Studio Brief 2. I really enjoyed making the art, figuring out scenes, layout, how I want things to move. But when it came to actually animating the scenes, it felt a little tedious. I wasn't as excited during this part of the process. This is why I'd like to collaborate with animation students again. Maybe I should give the title of being a Layout Artist a go in the future? Maybe.

I also watched another video Artists - I really like what this woman said at 3:16:

"To really do well in this business, you have to get excited about things that seem like they're going to be impossible."

To be completely honest, right now, I feel like me getting into Pixar or any other animation studios for that matter, is so far-fetched. But I have always been taught to keep dreaming big, aiming high, thinking positively, because you never know; things that you thought were once impossible might just become possible. So I'm gonna keep reaching for the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment