Monday 14 September 2015

Textiles x Illustration Collaboration

Whilst in Indonesia I visited one of my cousins uni because I just wanted to see what it's like. She goes to the University of Textile Technology in Bandung and it was an interesting experience just going around the uni; the atmosphere is really quite different than in the UK and when I asked about the learning side of things, I was quite surprised that they were still required to do maths and science (not sure if it's just my cousin or like that everywhere in Indonesia too).

As well as aspiring to work within the animation industry, I have also dreamed to be able to one day have my own little boutique on the side, like how my mother once did. My cousin has already planned to start a little business selling some of her creations and thought that it'd be a good idea to combine both of our skills together. We haven't gone into details about what it is that we'd like produce, but as a starting point we looked at fabric printing prices in both the UK and Indonesia. I looked at how much it would be to order printed fabrics with our own designs on them online in the UK and she looked at prices in Indonesia. The difference is unbelievable! Soooo cheap to print in Indonesia! 


I really enjoyed my stay in Indonesia and want to go back again next year and work on something with the cousin. I'm definitely going to make something happen, make my mark in Indonesia as well as in the UK (and everywhere else in the world)! Yes let's do thisssss. Further research and discussion with the cousin needed to make this a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment