Monday 14 September 2015

INDONESIA ♥

The rest of my summer holiday was spent in the tropical temperatures of Indonesia! All my extended family lives there and it was the first time in 2 years that I got to spend time with them. I spent a month there and it was the most fun I ever had in a looooong time! This was the break that I really needed to recharge after such a full loaded, fast paced second year! I felt extra relaxed whilst I was there.

I really wanted to make the most of the time with my family and explore the country I was born in, so during this month no work, uni or anything remotely related to anything except fun was given a thought (ok maybe a little bit), which is why I'm kind of running behind with summer tasks :s but Fred told me that, and this is something I truly believe in also is that "Life experience can really inform your practice and growth: all experience is good experience." so hopefully things I've experienced during this trip will help me grow into a better person, make me a better visualiser, story teller and everything else in between. Another quote from Fred that I appreciate, "Explore your interests (like with your underwater image) illustration is both visual and content driven. Don’t ignore the heart of your practice." - Cheers Fred! these are words I'm gonna live by from now..

Few snaps of what I got up to in Indonesia on my Instagram :-)

I previously posted about my plan to have some sort of work experience at an animation studio whilst I was on holiday, however, I never got a reply when I contacted them. I thought about actually going there in person, but I never got the time to since we were always going back and forth to different cities and places to visit the family. I would like to say it's a shame, but I also really cherished the time I spent with the people that I only ever get to see every so often. 

To compensate for the lack of work experience, PPP activities during this time, I decided to do a little bit of research into animation studios in the UK that I could contact and possibly visit in the future;-

I've decided to look for animation studios in Bristol, Leeds and London as a starting point (might branch out later on if I find something interesting) - Bristol because I'm from there, Leeds so that it's convenient during term time and London because it's the capital! Click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment