Monday 14 September 2015

YCN Student Awards Ceremony 2015


As part of our Responsive module, Bex, Joe and myself took on the YCN competition briefs. Bex and Joe took on the Fedrigoni brief, whilst I the Pan Macmillan brief. Commendations were announced officially on their website on the 4th of June. When I saw my name on the list, I was utterly excited! - I was actually shaking. I was really proud of myself! Told my family too in our family group chat, and they all showered me with unlimited use of excited emoticons in their messages - I felt extra loved that morning hahaha.. (I think there were a total of 5 students from Leeds College of Art who received a commendation.)

On the 2nd of September, we attended our very first official awards ceremony at the London Barbican Centre and Conservatory! I felt so so honoured and grateful to be able to experience such things! I feel so much more motivated to do well with my career. During Level 6 I want to take on more live and competition briefs for a chance to experience this once more. I also think that it is a good way to get yourself out there.

All commended work were exhibited after the presentation ceremony, and it was really interesting to see other people's reponse to the same brief - just shows how diverse we all are and I was really impressed with how professional they all were! I was amazed! Overall, a memorable night!

Where am I? There I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment