Wednesday 16 September 2015

Portfolio & Self Promotion

I came across this book 'No Plastic Sleeves: Portfolio and Self-Promotion Guide for Photographers and Designers and decided to give it a little bit of a read. Most of the things in the book we've already  covered with John in our PPP sessions, but it was just nice to go back and remind myself of it.




After reading these couple of pages, its making me consider making 3D products as well as 2D. But I'm going to have to give this some thought because it can be expensive to produce. At the moment what I have in mind to create as self promotional material (to build upon the pack I made in level 5) is:  

  • Website/online portfolio - this is a must.
  • Portfolio in physical form - books
  • Stationary - calendars, notepads, notebooks
  • Bookmarks
  • Postcards
  • Stickers
  • Posters?

Here are some nice examples of self promo:

No comments:

Post a Comment