Monday 14 September 2015

End of Year Exhibition and Art Market.

Before going back home to Bristol for the summer, I participated in the Leeds College of Art Art Market! - This was a pretty new thing to this year's end of year degree show and since it was free to submit work and we get to keep all the money we made from sales, I thought that it would be a good way to earn some extra money and also extra exposure for my work. I had some A5 prints left over from Comic Con, so I had no other preparations that I had to do except labelling, which I found strangely enjoyable hahahaha..



We prepared the market ourselves and helped with hanging work up and took turns working a shift during this week. I really enjoyed being involved in something like this and would definitely do it again. Maybe even look to participate in fairs outside of uni. Whatever it is I end up doing the the future, I think selling prints like this and even online (which I have yet to start) is a good way to earn extra money.

Unfortunately I wasn't in Leeds at the end of this, so I asked a classmate and fellow participant to collect my earnings and left over prints, so I'm not sure how much I sold haha. I did get a few comments from people online about my work though, which I feel really happy about!


I have mentioned in my PPP presentation that I want to look more into online platforms for showcasing and selling my work, which I haven't really done because I've been sooooo busy! This is still something that I want and have to do this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment