Tuesday 15 September 2015

Animex 2016

Participating in MEFCC 2015 in April was such an amazing experience but I didn't really get a chance to look around as much as I wanted to as I had to manage my booth most of the time. After participating in this, I realised how beneficial attending conventions and exhibitions like this could be. Making connections and getting myself out there is something that might propel me in the direction of my chosen future career. So when I heard about Animex International Festival of Animation and Computer Games that some of the animation students attended in February, I knew I had to do a quick research into it.

Turns out that this could be something pretty worthwhile for me to go check out! Like Comic Con, Animex is an inclusive event where people meet to be educated, inspired and entertained.

At Animex you can learn from the foremost in the field and get the chance to meet and discuss the state-of-the-art, see behind the scenes of the biggest hits, do business and have a great time at one of the premier games and animation events anywhere in the world.

Consisting of a unique blend of talks, workshops, networking events, exhibitions and screenings, Animex promotes an ethos of collaboration and sharing, bringing the world of computer games and animation to audiences of any level of expertise, regardless of background and prior knowledge.

I came across this post, and hearing that 'Disney sends representation every year to Animex' is such an exciting thing for me; it means a chance to talk to them, to get personal advice on how I could possibly get into the animation industry, and more importantly to get a job at Disney.

Animex also run student awards, which I've talked about here.

I'm definitely going to consider going to this next February! I also have a friend who studies in Teeside Uni so accommodation won't be a problem at all, if I decide to stay the whole week (8th - 12th) that the festival is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment